I absolutely love self-care, I am such a big believer in taking time for yourself to just feel your feelings and figure things out. Anyone that knows me will know I use any excuse to self-care and treat myself, which I personally blame Parks and Recreations for.
Here are some of my favourite self-care tips for when I’m feeling down that are super simple and everyone can do;
- Take a bath. Go run yourself the hottest, bubbliest bath ever, use your favourite bath bomb, out in your favourite playlist and just ignore the world for a while.
- Read your favourite book again, I must have read Watching Edie over a hundred times at this point but there’s something about getting lost in your favourite book that just makes everything a little better.
- FACEMASKS. Whether you buy them or DIY them facemasks are a staple in all self-care and my best friend and I swear by them when we are feeling down.
- Do your favourite makeup look or wear your favourite outfit, spend the day feeling like your best self, there is no such thing as overdressed to go shopping, go big or go home!
- Have a nap or have an early night, honestly, sometimes you just need to sleep it off and start a new day with a clean slate.
- Call your bestie and talk about everything and nothing, there is no problem that a phone call to your best friend cannot fix. Sometimes it’s better to talk it out even if it seems trivial because there is nothing wrong with feeling your feelings even if you are slightly dramatic.
- Turn off negative social media, block people, get rid of those toxic people. There is nothing wrong with getting rid of people or things that don’t impact positively on your life, there is a difference between constructive criticism and nastiness.
- Rewatch your favourite movie or favourite show, go back and enjoy those moments that take you away for a while. Cry at the same scene or episode for the 10th time!
This next piece of advice is for anyone that needs to hear it; DO NOT CUT YOUR HAIR WITH KITCHEN SCISSORS, YOU DON’T REALLY WANT A BOX FRINGE, TAKE A MINUTE AND DON’T DO THAT. Please wait and get it done professionally.
I hope these ideas help inspire you for the next time you feel a bit down, let me know your favourite self-care activities in the comments, would love to see how you all wind down! Carry on living your best life and I hope this year is your year and always remember, TREAT YO’ SELF, IT’S THE BEST DAY OF THE YEAR!