My apologies for being a week late with this post, I have just been swamped with uni work and a very impromptu decorating project. Before I start on my post I would like to say thank you to all for 100 likes on my blog, those small victories honestly make my day and give me all the motivation I need to continue with my tiny blog! So thank you!
So, what’s happened in the last few weeks, well, I finished therapy. 10 weeks ago I started CBT therapy to help me with my anxiety, now I am going to make an entire blog post dedicated to this but for now, let me just say; it is completely worth it. I feel the calmest I have felt in years, I feel like I can actually handle situations in a rational way and get through my days quicker because I’m not spending so much time in my own head stressing myself out. I will be writing a full post on this and what the individual’s sessions were like for me!
I started decorating my room! This is such a huge deal for anyone that knows me. My room had 2 black walls and 2 blue walls, the black was because my lil emo heart thought it would be so cool (it wasn’t) and the blue walls were due to me never actually buying white paint because I am the queen of procrastination. My twin and I have spent the last week stripping all the wallpaper in preparation. Something I learnt about myself during this is that I may be a slight hoarder, here are a few things I found under my bed whilst cleaning;
- A 5-year-old empty bottle of Malibu rum from when my friend and I were drinking in my bedroom and I was too scared to move the bottle and just forgot.
- School work from high school (I left in 2015).
- A permission slip from high school that I never handed in, again I left 4 years ago.
- An ex-boyfriend’s hoodie. I’ve not spoken to him for 6 years.
So yeah, I have a slight problem. Or I just need to start being more organised. I also have a mural on my wall from the previous owners which is supposed to be nursery rhymes but honestly, it looks like the souls of their enemies are trapped within. I have inserted a picture of the creepy wall because everyone needs to see it, people have very mixed feelings on the wall so please let know what you think!
I have finished all my university work bar one project and I am so proud of this because last year I was in such a tough place that it honestly felt impossible, this has helped me see how much I’ve grown because sometimes I forget and get mad thinking that nothing has changed! So here’s to hoping I got it this time around. I love the university and the course I am doing but it is such a weight off my shoulders to be at this point! This month has been my most productive one so far and I really hope the rest of my year is this way because I feel like I am really getting places!
How has your month been? Let me know in the comments, I love talking to you all and hearing about what’s going on with you. Thank you for reading and as always, I hope this year is your year!
Just a quick note before I get into the posts; I am going to start posting once every 2 weeks as I feel like this is more realistic for me, so I promise my posting will be 100% more consistent from here on out. Thank you all for reading and commenting on my posts it really makes me feel like I am finding my feet with this and interacting with my readers is an amazing feeling so thank you all again!
Also The artist I Doodle Moole who i mentioned in my last blog post has made my new profile picture so again please so check her out and give her all the love and support in the world! Her handles are;
I am no stranger to binge-watching TV/Netflix series as much as I can, I am very much one of those people who will immediately find a new series to start as soon as my other one ends so that my life continues to have meaning and I have more reasons to procrastinate, so I thought I would share my top 3 series with you all. Please let me know what your favourites are in the comments or if you watch any of the same ones I do.
- Call the Midwife; So if you aren’t from the UK you may have not have heard of this show. It is a period drama set in a post-war London in the 1950’s/1960’s. It is based on the memoirs of real east end midwife Jenny Worth and recounts the many births she saw in her time. The show deals with very difficult storylines such as girls being forced to get backstreet abortions due to the laws, the rampant racism people of the time faced and even talking about those affected by the morning sickness pill known as Thalidomide. BUT it also deals with things such as the contraceptive pill being invented meaning women could take pregnancy into their own hands, Vaccines being created for measles and you also get to see 1000’s of healthy babies being born throughout the many series. Now I know what you are thinking, why do you love this show so much? Well, I love babies. I am the broodiest 19-year-old girl you will ever meet but I also love seeing what life used to be like and how we have evolved as a society over the years, seeing how much tolerance has grown and how much medicine has advanced. So if you enjoy a good period drama this one is definitely for you and is available on Netflix UK.
- Grey’s Anatomy; So it was my sister that got me into this A M A Z I N G show. I saw a few episodes as she watched and started getting emotionally invested so I thought I would give it a chance and I am SO happy I did. Grey’s Anatomy is a hospital drama and follows the different lives of the doctors and surgeons working at Seattle Grace Mercy West. The show is currently on its 15th Season and I hope it continues forever because I have no idea what to do if it was to end. Some reasons that this show is one of my favourites is because it so well is written, it has some amazing quotes and can teach the audience some life lessons as they watch. I have never been more emotionally invested in a set of fictional characters as I am to the doctors on this show you really feel like you have gone on this journey with them and find yourself laughing and crying with them along the way.
- Haunting of Hill House; If you have not seen this terrifying Netflix original what are you waiting for?! I am a horror lover so when I heard about this series I knew I just had to give it a go and honestly I am going to re-watch it when I finish writing this post! This series took the internet by storm as it followed the Crain family and their journey of living in Hill House and how it affected them in later lives. Its told using a mix of flashbacks and present day which is done so seamlessly that you will never get confused which some series tend to do. This series keeps you on your toes all the way through with its amazing use of background characters and sets, it also uses tasteful jump scares that are well thought out and aren’t constantly used so that the audience feel uneasy and can’t pay attention to what’s happening. I really cannot talk about this show more highly than I do to everyone I know.
Some honourable mentions would be;
The Good Place and Shameless (US) (Yes I am aware that as a British person this is blasphemy of the highest calibre). These two shows are absolutely amazing and are both available to watch on Netflix but they did not make it into my top 3 but this may change as more season become available!
Thank you for reading and please let me know in the comments if you agree with my choices and let me know what your top 3 are and I may check a few out and tell you if I get as invested as you!